IoWA-PCIT Treatment Informational Overview
When & Where
Date and Time
Please review registration details before registering.Register
About This Event
This FREE one-hour webinar will provide an overview of IoWA-PCIT Treatment. You will learn more about Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) assessments and treatment so that you are able successfully coordinate and collaborate with PCIT cases.
- Understand the general underlying theory of PCIT (Parent-Child Interaction Therapy).
- Understand the importance of attachment in child development and resolution of trauma.
- Identify attachment lens of IoWA-PCIT and stages of treatment.
- Be able to identify children and families who would benefit from IoWA-PCIT intervention.
- Gain knowledge about the referral process and how to access IoWA-PCIT providers in the state of Nebraska.
This webinar is intended for all professionals who work with children including Child Advocacy, CASA, Head Start, Family Support, Community Support, Caseworkers, GAL’s, and many more.
Continuing Education: Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance, agenda, and handouts, which can be used for submitting and requesting CE credit on their own.
Jea Theis has been working in the social services and mental health field for twenty years, starting out in the area of family violence, as a men's domestic violence counselor and CPS worker. Jea has spent many years working children and families impacted by sexual abuse and other trauma, working in private practice for the last seven years.
Jea has received specialized training in EMDR, Trauma-focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), Teacher-Child Interaction Training (TCIT), Reflective Supervision and Compassion Fatigue. She is currently completing her certificated in Expressive Arts through Expressive Arts Florida Institute. Jea is an Apprentice Trainer with IoWA PCIT and is a co-founder of an innovative mental health practice called Omaha Therapy and Arts Collaborative (OTAC), which opened April 2016.
Registration closes June 7, 2023.
Contact Haifaa Al-saadi at firstname.lastname@example.org